Sign-up for notifications about future ATC Swaps HERE
Little Circles is an online business, but we are always looking for ways to connect and interact with people who share our love of paper craft and quilling. In an effort to engage and have fun with our fellow makers, we are excited to host a monthly Art Trading Card Swap. Due to the nature of the swap, we have decided on a set of guidelines that will need to be followed by every participant, so that the event will run as smoothly as possible and everyone can enjoy themselves. Please read through all of the information before signing up to join in an upcoming swap. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to shoot us an email to email@example.com
Little Circles Paper Craft ATC SWAP
What it is:
ATCs (artist trading cards) are small works of art that measure 2.5 X 3.5” (6.35 X 8.89 cm) that are created according to a provided theme and are then physically mailed to another person who has also chosen to participate in the swap, that you have been paired up with by the Little Circles team.
How It Works:
- On the first 3 days of each month, you will have the opportunity to sign up for the current swap. You must fill out all of the fields on the sign up form to qualify.
(EXAMPLE IMAGES BELOW, NOT THE ACTUAL FORM)
You will need to provide us with your name and address - this information, along with your interests, will be shared with the lucky maker who gets to make an ATC for you.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to list 3 subjects or themes that they would enjoy getting an ATC designed for them. *Please remember that an artist will be interpreting the themes you've provided and creating something one-of-a-kind just for you - at times, artists can be unpredictable... so let go of expectations and just enjoy the experience however it unfolds.
You will also need to provide an email address and a phone number. This information is for Little Circles eyes only and will not be shared without your permission.
- You will need to choose if you would like to participate in the swap with people from around the world, or the US only. It's the same swap, but we'll try our best to match up the folks who don't want to ship internationally. Choosing World Wide allows us to pair you with makers from all over the world (US included). Choosing USA Only, means that you will only ship AND recieve ATCs from makers in the US.
- Lastly, you will need to agree to the terms of the swap before submitting the form. By submitting, you are agreeing to everything written on this page.
- Once the 3 day sign up period has ended, our clever Little Circles intern, Marnie Elizabeth, will work her magic behind the scenes. By the end of the week, each participant will be emailed a name, address and 3 theme topics to choose from to create an ATC for. Likewise, someone else who is participating in the swap will receive your information and will create an ATC especially for you!
IMPORTANT - you must make & send an ATC in order to receive ATC’s. If you fail to follow through on your end of the agreement, and cannot find someone to fill in for you, you will not be allowed to participate in the next swap. We understand that things come up, because... life. If that happens, email Marnie and we'll help you figure it out. No one wants to be ghosted though, so we have a 3 strikes and you're out policy.
- Once you have the name and address of the person you will be creating for, you have until the 20th of the month to make at least 1 ATC in one (or more) of the 3 topics that they are interested in and get it out in the mail. You are the artist and can interpret the chosen theme in whatever way you see fit, the only restrictions are the size and medium. Each ATC in our swap must be made of mostly paper craft (all types of paper craft mediums are acceptable though) and all cards must measure exactly 2.5 X 3.5” (6.35 X 8.89 cm) so that over time, participants can enjoy and/or display a collection if they wish. You can make and send more ATC’s or any little extras that you’d like to your person, but by signing up, you agree to make and send a minimum of 1 ATC that artistically represents at least one of the listed interests provided to you, to the person you were assigned, within the given time frame.
IMPORTANT - Do not tell anyone who the person is that was assigned to you, nor the topic you have chosen to work with. Also, do not show images of the ATC you are working on to ANYONE, nor on ANY social media until the recipient has let you know they have received their package. The element of surprise is the very best, most fun element of the swap. No spoilers!!
"It's sort of like playing Secret Santa, but all year long"
- Marnie, the intern
- Once you have finished your ATC, sign and date the back, include the theme you chose and your email address. Package it nicely and address it clearly. Snap a picture of the envelope and email Marnie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let her know that your package is on the way to your person. All packages MUST be mailed on or before the 20th of the month.
IMPORTANT - Please package the ATC you send out in a small bubble mailer or substantial packaging - if sent in a basic envelope, it will be put through a machine sorter and could be damaged or crushed.
- Once you’ve mailed out and informed Marnie that all went smoothly, you now get to shift your focus to the anticipation of getting a special little package of your very own!!!
IMPORTANT - This is a global swap. Some packages make take a while to arrive. If you have not received yours by the first of the month, feel free to get in touch with Marnie and we can look into it for you. If you made an ATC and sent it out, we promise that you will get one in return. Things do get lost in the mail from time to time, but our special little ATC angels will make sure a replacement will come your way in that unlikely event that your original has been eaten by the mail goblins.
- On the happy day that your package arrives, email a note of thanks and appreciation to the creator (their email should be on the back if they followed directions) and Marnie, to let everyone know that it has arrived safe and sound. This step completes the loop for the month. Now's the time for you to snap lots of pictures and share them in the LC Facebook group or anywhere else that you’d like to. The maker is also welcome to share images of their art at this point if they'd like to.
This is supposed to be a fun way to stay active in the group and feel like real community. Please consider doing a little *extra* for your person if you have the ability. Everyone loves to get goodies in the mail and we have the opportunity to contribute to making our community feel real and oh-so-special. Here are a few ideas of things that you might like to add in if you have the time/resources to do so:
- A personalized note or card
- A list of interesting facts about the maker
- Little sweets or a family recipe card
- Stickers or stamps from your country
- Postcards of places of interest from wherever you are located
- Interesting papers that could be used in future creations
- A pressed flower or leaf from wherever you hail from
- A picture of yourself or something else that you enjoy
- Whatever else your beautiful, creative mind can come up with
Another idea: Do you send out holiday cards? Consider adding each maker or person that you have the privilege of making an ATC for to your list! How special would it be to receive cards from other makers from around the globe during the holidays?
Lastly, participation in our swap is voluntary. If you do not have the time to meet the deadlines or the extra income to follow through on the sending, please do not sign up. We want every single person who joins to have an excellent experience - including you!! If you need to skip a month or three, that’s okay too! Please only join in on the fun if you can hold up your end of the agreement and follow through on ALL of the requirements. If we all follow the guidelines, our lovely online community will have the opportunity to be much, much more to those who are looking for connection and a little fun.
IMPORTANT - If you sign up one month, that does not obligate, nor ensure your participation in future swaps. You will need to sign up and agree to the terms every single month (on the 1st through the 3rd) you wish to join the swap.
Are you ready to join us in the next swap? Join our Facebook Group or sign up for our email list to be notified of the next sign up period, or visit our website directly on the 1st - 3rd of each month.